We are doing a number of exciting activities at Landstown Elementary aimed at using 21st Century learning methods to educate (and excite) the 21st Century learner.
- Mrs. Jackson’s first grade class recently podcast its interactive story “If You Gave A Kid An Apple.” Check it out on our website at www.landstownes.vbschools.com .
- All teachers K-5 have recently received refresher training on the use of Podcasting for project based learning.
- Many 4th and 5th grade students this week are learning how to make their own podcasts using Audacity software.
- Our five laptop labs are in HUGE demand as teachers work hard to incorporate 21st Century learning throughout the curriculum.
- FasttMath is being used throughout the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades to teach students automaticity of their math facts.
- Many 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students are learning about blogging and establishing blogs.
Exciting times to be a kid!